If you haven't eaten too many chocolate eggs (as if!) and are looking for a sweet twist on breakfast or afternoon tea this Easter weekend
Try Storksak's favourite Hot Cross Bun S'mores!
- 6 Traditional Hot Cross Buns (halved)
- 1/2 cup Nutella OR Crushed Easter Eggs
- 24 Marshmallows
- Caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Place both sides of the bun onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spread one side of each hot cross bun with Nutella or crush your Easter eggs on the hot cross bun.
- On the other side of the bun, place 4 marshmallows.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until marshmallows and chocolate melt.
- Gently sandwich both sides of the buns together.
- Brush hot cross bun tops with caramel sauce to glaze (if you dare!)
- Serve immediately.
And don't forget - thankfully calories don't count on the Easter weekend!
*Photo and recipe from @igaaustralia